- June is a very popular month to have babies. Right now, there is a race between me and three other friends who are all due around the same time. Of course, one is a few days late, and one is 10 days behind me, but we're all hoping that it will be NOW! We've joked in Sunday School about taking bets on when the babies will be here. I am going to be mad if I'm last though - ha!
- I've made a few pregnancy analogies over the past several months that I don't want to forget:
- Being pregnant is like riding a roller coaster. You wait in line forever to get on the ride, and you're SO excited when it's your turn to click the seat belt. It's all so fun with the first dips, turns, and speed, but then you realize you have to go down that extremely long 80 foot drop going 100 mph. That's when thoughts of "I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE" start going through your mind. But it's too late. You're already headed in that direction and you have no choice but to finish what you started. You also know that at the end, you'll feel the adrenaline and excitement. And you'll probably also want to get in line to ride again.
- In the past month, it's been very difficult to move from side to side while laying down in the bed. In fact, getting up from being on my back hurts and I usually have to grab onto something for leverage. I told Brent that I felt like a turtle that has ended upside down on its shell with its arms and legs waving in the air. Not a pretty site, but fairly accurate.
- A watched pot never boils. And a 9 1\2 pregnant woman with not much work to do never seems to have that baby. That's what I feel like right now. I'm watching the pot, heat's on low, and there are NO bubbles. I'm trying to be thankful for this time, but I'm ready to get this show on the road!
- I really want to tell off all those people who've told me "You'll have this baby before it gets really hot outside." My question to them now is "What is really hot?" Is it 130 degrees? Hello, HELL, nice to be here! ha! Thank goodness someone at work got the memo and turned down the AC on my floor. I was getting that wild look in my eyes every day.
- That's all for right now. I will post an update after I visit the doctor tomorrow afternoon.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Random Thoughts
Because I'm too tired to form complete paragraphs, I think I'll do a bullet list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment