Well, we're in the countdown phase. I went to the doctor yesterday and was 50% effaced and 1\2 cm dilated. Yay for progress! So the plan is to go back next Wednesday and I'll have one last ultrasound to see how big he is. If I'm dilated to 2 cm, then the induction will be scheduled for Monday, June 20th. If I'm not at a 2 by then, it will most likely be scheduled for his due day, June 27th. I was glad that my mom got to go with me yesterday too. When he checked me, I think I tried to come off the table it hurt so bad, but then afterwards I got tickled because I just remember my mom (from behind the curtain in the corner) saying "Breathe! Breathe!" ha! Maybe I need to watch some lamaze videos this week!
We are so excited to meet Jackson and can't wait to see his precious face. I feel like I've been pregnant for 100 months, but at the same time, it has flown by. I definitely am ready to feel somewhat normal again though (aka - bend over and pick something up without grunting). It's just not pretty.
I don't really have much left to do - just minor stuff that if he does come won't matter. I've got my bag out and things are starting to pile up in it, but I will pack it for sure this weekend. Brent is working fast and furious to get his first summer class finished, and will be done with 90% of the work by the 19th. So you can imagine that he is really wanting J to stay put until the 20th. We are praying that God works out all of this according to His timing.
1 comment:
Yay for the countdown! Wow the 20th is just around the corner! At least you are already starting to progress! I have debated the fact that I haven't signed up for a labor and delivery class and wonder if I should and if it would help prepare me for what to expect.
Post a Comment