Wednesday, June 15, 2011

38 Weeks!

I'm huge!  It's seriously time to have this baby.  No joke.

I was very anxious about today's appointment because I had no idea what to expect.  I had one last ultrasound, and Jackson is estimated at 7 lbs, 7 oz, which is a little above the 50% percentile.  I was expecting bigger, but very good.  He doesn't have much room left to move around, but everything was good.  So then I saw the nurse practitioner (my doc is on vacation this week).  She said I was about 75% effaced, but not any more dilated than a fingertip.  So the plan now is to go back in on Tuesday and have Dr. Fuller check me again to see if any more progress has been made and I guess to make a game plan.  

 Brent is glad for the few extra days though so he can finish his class, so at least I can help him out in that regard.  I know it's only a few more days, but it feels like a lifetime from now!  I must admit that I'm disappointed tonight, but as I was cleaning the kitchen, I prayed for patience and was reminded that God is in the details.  He knows exactly when and how when Jackson will be here and I don't have any control over it, and must trust Him completely in this. 


No comments: