Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Since we don't have any children yet, it's kinda hard to get excited for Halloween, but I am amazed at all of the decorations that people put out for this holiday. I do believe in decorating for fall, with a jack-o-lantern, but not much else from the Halloween store. (No spiders, ghosts, cobwebs, scary things, etc.). Not that there's anything wrong with it, but for me, it's so easy to turn the jack-o-lantern around and keep it up through Thanksgiving. (That's a trick I learned from Lovely Linda).

In the neighborhood behind our street, there is one special house that has EVERYTHING Halloween in their front yard. It is quite unbelievable until you see it for yourself. I went walking last weekend and took a few, but it really doesn't do it justice. If you live in Cabot, you should definitely drive by and see it at night - it's even more halloweenish. (Turn left onto Polk - the street right past Matthews Lane - and then take the next left onto Womack. At the night stop sign turn right, keep going straight, and the street will curve to the left. The Halloween House will be on your right - you can't miss it!)

My question is where do these people keep all of this stuff? You'd have to have an entire storage room devoted to Halloween decorations. Not to mention you spend a few days getting all set up just to take it down within a month...but I guess whatever blows your skirt up, have fun with it.


We've had a really busy couple of weeks and this is the first weekend in several that there wasn't ANYTHING scheduled. I'm so excited. We need to do some chores around the house, but for the most part, we are going to take it easy. Sleep late, enjoy the nice weather, grocery shop, and hang out are all on the agenda. So tonight our plan is to lay low -i.e. hide out in the house so nobody will think we're home cause we ain't got no candy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would refuse to go on a walk next to that house!!!! HA!!!! Have a relaxing weekend!!!

Guy and Julie said...

THAT is serious Halloween decorating. We have quite an interesting house on our street, but I think that one wins!