Last night at dinner, we had Debbie Downer for a waiter. Seriously - we needed the trombone every time he came to the table. I thought this was too funny and wanted to remember how the night went:
Debbie Downer: Hey guys welcome to Saddle Creek. Oh, so how's the Alltel/Verizon merger going? Are you going to loose your job?
Brent: Umm...well, I don't know anything yet.
Debbie Downer: I've got some family who work there who already know they are loosing their jobs.
(insert the "whamp whamp" here)
DD comes back to the table to take our order, and this is what he said...
Debbie Downer: When you get ready to order, just yell...literally...I'm deaf and can't hear anything. (Now that I think about it, he probably really wasn't deaf in the literal sense of the word, but probably has some minor hearing loss from listening to Nirvana too loud).
Whamp Whamp
Then at the end of the dinner, this happened:
Sarah: (Whispering) Do you guys sing Happy Birthday? It's my friend's b-day.
Debbie Downer: No, we don't do that here. Actually, you wouldn't want me to sing because it sounds like someone getting murdered in my house.
Me: That's OK - I wore the sombrero last night at Senor Tequila, so I'm good.
Whamp Whamp
No comments:
Post a Comment