Last weekend, me, Brent, and Gamma headed to Sheridan to celebrate Christmas with the Norris side of the family. This was the first time we weren't at Wells Bayou in my entire life and honestly I only missed it just a little. We met at Aunt Snook's church fellowship hall and it was perfect. They had a kitchen, serving area, tables, and plenty of space for the kids to run around and play. Plus it was only an hour from Cabot - I really enjoyed that. Not that I don't love southeast Arkansas, but it's really nice to be at home in my own bed at the end of the day.
I dressed up Jackson in his bow tie in memory of Pa. He always loved wearing one and suspenders.
Here's Jackson and Mimi. I've had several people lately tell me that he looks like my mom and I can see it - they both have a round face that I do not have.
The most important part of the celebrate - reading the Christmas story in Luke. My family has ALWAYS read Luke 2 before we open presents, and this year was no exception. Uncle Sluggo reminded us that we are blessed to have such a great Christian family and that we will get to see each other again in heaven.
Pops had taken a chemo treatment the Tuesday before this, so he was a little tired, but not tired enough to play with his buddy. Jackson adores his Pops. Can't you tell?
Jackson had lots of presents to open and Aunt Sarah took lots of pictures. I love that you can see Gamma and Ma in the background.
Pops helped us open presents.
Aunt Kay (or Kay-Kay as she's known to her grandkids) was reading to Cade.
Who knows what these two were talking about. Josh couldn't come because he was in a wedding later that evening.
I love this picture! My Uncle Sluggo and Aunt Kay are loving their grandkids Jordyn and Cade.
I love watching Ma interact with all of her great-grandchildren. Jackson loves for her to read to him.
Sisters, sisters....there were never such devoted sisters. (Music bomb from White Christmas).
Are there anymore presents?
We usually try to get cousins pictures, and didn't get the first two generations. Of my first cousins, three had left because they had to work, and I really didn't even think about it. My dad and his cousins usually try to take pictures, but we also forgot. Guess there was too much time spent messing with these...
Getting three kids ages 4, almost 3, and 18 months to look at a camera and smile is almost impossible. No, actually it is impossible as this is the best one we could get. Jackson thinks he's as big as his cousins are!
My grandmother moved in August to a new apartment and she is really loving it. She's in town, close to Wal-mart, joined a new church and has made new friends. I think she looks the best she has looked in a long time. She was funny trying to get the kids to look at us.
So then we just decided to get her smiling and be done with it. She is glowing here!
This past week, we've spent time with Brent's mom. Gamma game on the 9th, and just went back to Arizona yesterday. We really enjoyed her being with us and I know she enjoyed getting to cuddle with Jackson as well as seeing her family again. Hopefully in the next few months we can make plans to see her, Kelly, Barry, and Caitlin.
I finished up work this afternoon and will be off until January 2, 2013. That's crazy to think about - I still feel like it should be 2003. This weekend we are just going to hang out, relax, wrap presents, and go see Christmas lights. We'll spend Christmas Eve at my sister's house in Bryant (the first in 33 years I have not been at Wells Bayou), but it will be OK because we're starting new traditions. Santa has to come see a cute little brown-eyed boy that night, and we want to be at home. We will go to Brent's family Christmas night, but I'm doubtful that the Fireball will be thrown as the weatherman is calling for 60% rain.
A dear friend reminded me a couple of weeks ago about how Jesus's mother Mary "treasured" these things in her heart, and I am trying to do the same thing. Jackson will be grown before we know it, so I want to enjoy every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment