Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Today is the last day in my lifetime that I'll see all of the same numbers in the date.  Pretty cool.  I somehow thought today was the Mayan end of the world, but imagine my surprise when I realized it was the 21st.  Ha! Guess I have a few more days to get it together.

Gamma (Brent's mom) got here on Sunday night and we've been enjoying having her here.  Sadly, her Aunt Delores passed away on Monday, but at least Dianne was already here to be able to visit with family and attend the funeral.  Last night we went to Bobby and Cilla's house to see them and Uncle Junior, and it was nice to see everyone.  Jackson was good and cute and performed on command.  He gave Uncle Junior a big hug before we left.  Brent's grandmother (Grannie) had three brothers, and I've gotten to know Uncle Junior the best.  Sadly, I didn't get to know Delores very much because she already had Alzheimer's by the time I came along.  They were married about 67 years!  It was very touching last night to hear Uncle Junior say the blessing and thank God for his wife and praise Him that she was with him right now.  What a legacy they have made!


I'm very thankful that Jackson has a wonderful Christian heritage on both sides of his family. 

No comments: