Sunday, December 23, 2012

An Old Tradition

 This morning, we went to church and then came home to let the little boy have a nap.  When he got up, we loaded up and drove downtown to the Capitol building.  The outside lights weren't on yet, but I knew he'd at least have fun running around and looking at the decorations.  When I was growing up, my parents always took Sarah and me to the state Capitol to look at the lights.  (In fact, there is an old story about me being more excited to see the Kmart lights than the Capitol).




He wouldn't sit still for a picture with mama. 

He was mesmerized by the rotunda.  

Checking out the lego display. 

He was also amazed by the snowmen and lit-up reindeer.  


Family pictures are so hard these days - especially with a busy toddler. This was the best I could do. 



He loved this stained glass display. 


After about an hour, he was on the verge of a meltdown, so we decided to go have dinner at Cracker Barrel.  It makes me nervous to go eat with him because well, he's a toddler, but he was very good tonight.  He waved to everyone who sat next to us, colored, and ate his food.  He even said "thank you" to the waiter.  We were even brave enough to run by Toys R Us afterwards and do a little last minute shopping.  Believe it or not, it wasn't too crazy in there.  On the way back to Cabot, we stopped by a light show in one of the neighborhoods, but little man was asleep by the time we reached the city limits.  

Tomorrow we will be going to Bryant to celebrate Christmas with Mimi, Pops, Aunt Sarah, and Uncle Josh, and then we'll come back to our house so that Santa can come bring the goods.  Christmas Day we will have family time by ourselves for a little while, and then head over to Brent's family for their celebration.  I doubt we'll do the fireball this year since it's supposed to rain, sleet, and even SNOW!  I'll believe it when I see it. 



No comments: