Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Three Months Old!

Jackson,

You are three months old today!  Your personality is starting to emerge, and there is nothing better in this world than seeing you grin at me and your daddy.  For someone so little, you can have some pretty grown-up facial expressions that keep us laughing.  I know one day we won't be able to laugh right in front of you.  You absolutely, positively hate your car seat.  Once we're moving, you might be OK, but you have a look of panic and aggravation when I put you in the seat.  As Pops would say, "You just have to suck it up." ha!

The past week, you've had some reflux and I am probably going to take you back to Dr. Wilson to see about how to remedy the spit-up.  Until now, you've taken 6 ounces every 4 hours, so about 5 bottles a day.  You are sleeping through the night (for the most part), which makes both mommy and daddy really happy.

Weekdays are hard on us because of the commute, but we're settling into a routine.  When we get home, it's about 6, so we usually feed you (or play with you depending on your eating schedule), get our dinner fixed and eat, and then give you a bath.  After bath time (which you are liking), it's time to put on the PJ's and go to bed.  You like to be rocked and sang to just a little, but really when you're tired, you're ready to be put down so you can go to sleep.  I hope you always do that!

I also want you to know that your daddy is a huge help!  If I'm busy with you, he will help pick up the kitchen and wash the dishes. I also love to see how much he loves you!  When we all ride together to school/work, before I take you into the daycare, he always says "Love you buddy!"  He has also gotten you to laugh out loud for the first time today, and that baby giggle was awesome to hear!  (I tried to get you to laugh out loud as well, but you didn't think I was as funny).

We go to the doctor at the end of October for an official check-up, but last week you weighed 13 lbs, 9 oz, and I'm guessing you're a good 2 feet long now.  Your hair is starting to fill in, and your cheeks are just so sweet.  If I can only get you to quit scratching your face!  I guess I'm going to have to give you a manicure every other day!  You're still not rolling over yet, but I know that is coming soon by the way you're rocking your bottom half around.  You are very good at holding your head up and standing on your legs.  I'm amazed at how strong you are!

Right now, Daddy is working hard to find a new job so he can send you to college one day, and I want you to know how much we are relying on God to open the right doors for us.  We're praying and patiently waiting to hear about where He wants your dad to work next.  It's hard sometimes to not get discouraged, but that's why Jesus gives us Hope and we have to have Faith.  You've completely changed how we look at life decisions.

Daddy and I couldn't be more happy with you and I really wonder how we ever got along without you. We pray that you will always be happy, healthy, and love Jesus.  Everything else will fall into place!

We love you!
Mommy and Daddy

Three Month photo shoot.  He was not so happy about it this morning! 








And I have to do this every month...
Just born! 

One month! 

Two months! 

Three months! 


No comments: