Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Well, it's Labor Day and I have to document the exciting news.  Jackson slept a full 8 hours last night!  I fed him at 10:30 p.m., put him down at 11 p.m., and I woke up in a panic at 6:30 a.m. because I hadn't heard him.  I got up to see if he was still breathing, and of course he was.  In fact, he had turned 45 degrees in the bed, which made me laugh.  He was still in the swaddle, but it won't be long before he can bust out.

Here's the Mister in all of his cuteness.  This week, he's really discovered his hands and how good they taste, and he can also hold his first set of keys.  I have to pry his little fingers open to get him to hold it, but once he has it, he's fascinated with it.



Look at these cheeks! And he has a neck, but you can't see it.  In fact, after bath time, we have to almost turn him upside down to clean between his neck rolls. ha! 




His hair is also coming in nicely.  It's still a lighter brown, and it may have a little bit of curl in it.  (Just like his mama).  He is definitely looking more like Brent these days.  

Since Saturday was the first Razorback game, I had to put him in his Razorback onesie.  Saturday morning, we got up and went to North Little Rock.  We met Sarah, Jeremy, and Adam Clements for brunch at Cracker Barrel and then went shopping.  I don't know what it is about breakfast at Cracker Barrel that makes me feel like I'm on vacation, but it was fun.  We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get a new crock pot, and then headed to the mall.  This was the first time we put him in the stroller for a longer period of time, and he did great.  In fact, he even went to sleep for a little while.  



Touchdown Arkansas! 

On Sunday,  we hung out at the house and then went over to Brent's aunt's house for a family lunch.  I got Jackson dressed while Brent was getting ready, and when He came out of the bedroom, I realized that they were dressed alike. 

Proud Daddy! 

Cousin Whitney was home from New York City, so it was mini family reunion yesterday.  Jackson got to hang out with his cousins, and I think he likes them.  This is him with Judith and Hannah.  Brent is the second to youngest of his cousins on his mom's side, and there are 11 second (or is it third) cousins - Jackson is the youngest of Granny and Pap's great-grandchildren.  


Hannah is in the 1st grade and wanted to hold him so bad.  She did a great job here, but needs to work on leaving him alone when he's asleep. I think she wanted to keep playing with him. 


Today, I'm not sure what all we're going to do today, but I do know we're going to do some of it outside.  The high is going to be around 75 degrees today.  After 115 degrees one month ago, this is a much-welcomed relief.  

1 comment:

Kristen Black said...

Love his Razorback onesie! Next game he needs the "I've been a Razorback fan my whole life" shirt! Have a great Labor Day with your family:)