Friday, September 23, 2011

Lighting the Future

One of my duties at work is to send gifts to employees who've had babies.  Along with a gift card for food, they also get a cute onesie (designed by moi) that says "I will be lighting the future".  This is a play on SPP's motto of "Helping Our Members Work Together to Keep the Lights On Today and in the Future."  Or something like that.  So Jackson is just now big enough to wear his onesie, and I took some pictures for the intranet. 

This is the smile that makes me get up every morning!


It's been a long week at the Haywood house.  On Monday night, we could tell that he didn't feel good, so we gave him some Tylenol and decided to watch him.  He's had a few little cold viruses before, and I figured this was another one.  By Tuesday night, he was again running some low-grade fever, so I decided to stay home on Wednesday and take him to see Dr. Wilson.  He was also being weird about eating.  He will fuss and cry a few ounces into the bottle, so I was afraid that the dreaded ear infection had descended on our house.  However, the doctor said his ears and throat were fine, and she suspects it may be a little reflux.  I am going to watch him this weekend and see how he does, and if he's not better about the eating, I'm probably going to change his formula and see if that helps.  He doesn't spit up that much, and I found a term today that some babies can be "happy spitters."  He's obviously getting bigger, and he doesn't spit up that much.  But something is bothering him while he eats, so we have to figure it out.  Oh and on top of all of that, I started coming down with a sore throat on Wednesday.  That night I felt horrible and didn't sleep well, but I  went to work the next day.  By Thursday night, I had found part of a Zpack to take, and feel better today.  Still have a sore throat, but I can tell I feel better.  But I hate not being able to kiss those fat cheeks!

We're looking forward to a fun weekend.  Mimi and Pops are headed to our house and they're bringing Ma. Tomorrow we're all going to the Wigley Family Reunion and then later that afternoon we've got a Lifegroup picnic at the park.  Yay for fall weather and good friends and family! 

No comments: