It's finally football season, and we're excited about our new little Razorback in our house this year. I bought him a Houndstooth Razorback shirt last weekend, and couldn't wait for him to wear it on Friday. (Also had to get mommy a new one too). I love that the entire state rallies around the team, and even though I didn't go to school there, I've grown up calling those Hogs. In fact, Jackson's great grandfather, Pa, went to Fayetteville on a football scholarship in the early 40s before he was drafted into WWII. I hope I can talk Jackson's daddy into taking me to a game sometime this season. I'm just itching to go!
I've been a Razorback fan my whole life!
This was the Mister before school. He was just chilling out.
My parents were here yesterday afternoon, and went with me to get him from school. It was also Grandparents Day at school, but obviously his class wasn't doing a program. We got him, and headed to the mall to visit with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Josh for a little while before heading to Cabot. When we did get home (Brent was on his way home), I realized that I didn't have a house key. So we hung out on the patio for a little while. Dad got this great picture of him smiling at Mimi. I just love it when he makes this face!
This morning, I was getting ready to go to water aerobics, Jackson was waking up, but I could tell he was still sleepy. So I put him in the bed with Brent, and got this sweet picture. (Don't worry, Brent was really awake - sort of - and we don't put him in the bed with us).
I got some new additions for Jackson's room.
Jackson is officially sleeping through the night now. If he eats around 6 p.m., then we'll put him down around 8, and then get him up at 10 to eat again. When he's done, we put him back in his crib all swaddled up and he's down until 5 or 6 the next morning. A few nights last week, he ate at 7:30 p.m. and was down until 5:30 a.m. I panicked when I woke up and realized what time it was! When we swaddle him, I try to rock, snuggle, and sing to him, but he really isn't interested. He will grunt and squirm around, until I finally put him down. He'll turn his head to the right, close his eyes, and go to sleep. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. But I must say that he doesn't sleep much during the day - maybe a total of 2 hours in the time that he's awake, so I know he's really tired after bath time. One thing I've learned from having a baby is that you never know what kind of normal you will have. Books and websites can tell you how it might be, but you never know! I hope he is always a good night sleeper!
I know one thing, he is the cutest thing I've ever seen and sometimes I can't believe that I'm his mommy!

No comments:
Post a Comment