A few weeks ago, Brent showed me a video that Google made. Of course it made me cry because it was about a new father creating an email address for his new child. This email address became a journal of sorts for him to share with her when she was older.
So Brent, already being the good daddy that he is, created one for Jackson. The address is dear.jackson.haywood@gmail.com, and anybody can send him an email. We'll keep up with them and put them together in a book for him one day when he's grown. I've been trying to think about what I want to say to him in that first letter, and I guess I need to get it together soon. One thing I keep going to is the song "Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets. They sing:
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,
He could be here in 3-4 weeks, and I'm so ready to see his little face and love on him. And I know the Lord has great things planned for his life. I can't wait to get it started!
1 comment:
Oh wow, that video just got me too. So sweet that you guys are going to do that!
Post a Comment