Size of Jackson: He's over 4 lbs and 17 inches long by now (according to Babycenter.com). Think about the size of a whole pineapple, and that's about how big he is now. And I feel like there's a pineapple in there!
Weight gain: At my last doctor appointment, I didn't gain any weight, so I think I'm right under the 20 lbs mark. I try to watch the sugar and salt, drink plenty of water, and get to water aerobics when the weather and my schedule cooperates.
Maternity clothes: I'm running out of things to wear, especially shirts. I may have to buy a few more t-shirts to get me through the next 6 weeks, but I really don't want to. Also, at this point, it's all flip flops. I'm not having any feet swelling yet, but I just don't feel like squeezing my feet into heels.
Movement: He's very active - especially at night - so I think that might be a sign of things to come. Brent has finally gotten to feel him kick and move. I love looking down and seeing my stomach move in these weird ways, although when he slaps my bladder, it's not so fun.
What I Miss: I've definitely entered the "waddling" phase, and it gets really bad when I'm tired at the end of the day. I also being able to easily paint my toenails. I do have a gift certificate for a pedicure that I plan on using next week.
Cravings: No cravings in the past few weeks.
Symptoms: My hips still hurt, but not as bad, so I'm thankful for that. I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions the past couple of weeks, but if I drink plenty of water, they're not as bad. I've been really tired and easy tasks make me feel like I'm running a marathon. This week I had a big work event, and every time I walked from the auditorium to the dining hall, I was huffing and puffing. It's really hard to have your body slow down when your brain wants it to speed up.
Best moment since the last one: Finally getting the changing table put together! I've put some of his stuff in the drawers, and will have more stuff after the showers this week.
And speaking of showers, last week, we had record rainfall that flooded 67\167 for about three days. This made getting to and from work a nightmare, not to mention the poor people who had flood waters in their house. Well, on Wednesday, we got word that the storage room we rent on the other side of town had flooded. There was a foot of water that had stood within our unit, and we do have some damage, but we're very thankful that it's not much. I had a bedroom suite that was in my apartment that's ruined, but fortunately my photo items and most of my Christmas stuff is OK. We took off Friday to start the clean-up process, and we're also so thankful that my parents came up to help us out. Let's face it, I really can't do much, so we needed a truck, trailor, and moving help.
Here's what the damage looked like before we got started.
Here's what the damage looked like before we got started.
So just add that to the list of things that have to get done before Mr. Jackson gets here. In about 6 weeks. YIKES! There's something every weekend from now until the first of June, but I'm thankful for the activity. We're having showers this week as well, and I am so thankful to my work, church, and college friends who want to welcome Jackson into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment