After several months of being in the box, we finally got all of the furniture put together and a few decorations up on the walls. I am very pleased with the way it turned out, and I think Brent is too. I had a few other wall art pieces, but they didn't make the cut. Oh well. I'll just put them under the bed and use them one day when he'll have his own room.
The shelf above the changing table has some cars on it that are Brent's. He had more that would have been cool to put out, but once again, not much space. So I picked a few of the really cool ones to put out. My goal was to make this look like a little boy, but not so baby-ish. I wanted a color scheme and decor that would grow with him over the next several years.
The reason that I call this the "officery" is because on the other side of the wall is our office with built-in desks and cabinets. We are utilizing the space we have to the max, so hopefully this will do for a little while. We didn't want to get rid of the queen bed (so Gamma, Mimi and Pops can come stay), so the office it is. I'm a little anxious about where all the stuff will go, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.
The print above his bed is made by a company in Memphis called Hal Jaffe Nameart. Each letter is a photograph of something that looks like a letter, and you can pick from different pictures on the letters that you want. It turned out really cute, especially the car wheel for the "O". The teddy bear in the crib is his first one Gamma, who had it made at Build a Bear. The bedding was custom made from a company in Alabama called Polka Tot Designs. I knew I wanted red, white, and black, and there wasn't anything boyish at the department stores in those colors. This company has so many cute fabrics and patterns that it was hard to choose from, but this was the one that I kept going back to.

Tomorrow I have a shower at work, and then will have two more on Sunday. I am so thankful to all of our friends who love us and want to do special things for us and Jackson. I really can't believe that in less than five weeks he could be here. I am ready to see his little face (that I just know will look just like his daddy), and see what his little personality will be like (maybe more like his momma?). We'll just have to wait and see!
1 comment:
Very cute!! Love the colors!!!
Post a Comment