Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Projects

Every spring we try to tackle a house project, and this year's was the front yard.  At the end of the year, we paid the city to fill in our front ditch with a drainage pipe and dirt.  So basically all winter I had a yard and drive-way full of dirt, and I was so tired of it, but what could you do?  A few weeks ago, we had sod put down and the driveway extended and it looks so great.  Now, we can both park in the driveway without doing the car switch and I don't have to worry about driving into the grass!  Plus, when we "entertain", we can have several cars in the driveway and not have them park on the street!


I also wanted to do put in a flowerbed around my mailbox.  Except when we started looking at the old one, we realized that it looked pretty shabby.  So here's the new mailbox with flowerbed.  Can you say Curb Appeal!?!

Here's the front yard with my new ferns at the front door.  I love this time of year when everything turns green (with the exception of the pollen). 

I went to Home Depot on Saturday and bought some new plants to go out back.  I'm not going to do a big garden this year because let's face it - I'm not going to have time!  I'll be focused on someone else this summer, so I'll be making regular trips to the local farmers market for my fresh produce. 


And here's the pack outside patio.  This is the part of the garden that is visible from the driveway, so it's my "pretty" garden.  Hopefully everything will live! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your red front door! I want to paint ours red but we have shutters and I think I would either take them off or paint them black. I don't want them red for sure! Your brick is about the color of ours so I think the red looks great!! We got our ferns up this weekend too!