I was supposed to do a pregnancy post last week, but I just didn't get around to it. So maybe I'll start doing them weekly now since I'm in the home stretch. Last week marked the 3rd trimester, and I really can't believe it.
Size of Jackson: He's approximately 2.5 lbs, and over 15 inches long, but I really think he's probably closer to 3 lbs now.
Weight gain: At my doctor appointment last week, I was just under 20 lbs, and Dr. Fuller said that was really good. This past month I've been going to water aerobics for an hour about three times a week, and I know that has helped!
Maternity clothes: I will say one thing about being a bigger girl is that many of the clothes that I had are working as maternity clothes. And now that it's getting more like summer every day, I am really enjoying the sundresses and flip flops. It may be my "uniform" for the next several months.
Movement: He's very active, especially at night and when I bend over. I don't think he likes to be swished up any. I also think I can tell his little personality already because when I want his daddy to feel him kicking, he quits. As if to say, "I know what you want me to do, and I'm not going to comply." We may have an ornery little stink on our hands! (But as Brent has pointed out, Jackson will probably look like his daddy and I will be puddy).
What I Miss: Enjoying a cold adult beverage on the back patio; bending over without grunting; my hips feeling like normal; seeing my husband in the evenings. Brent has been so inundated with school work this past few weeks that I've hardly gotten to see him. He's working so hard to be done, so I've tried to occupy myself with going to water aerobics and watching TV shows he wouldn't want to watch. He'll be done the first part of May, but is supposed to take a summer class in June. Lord help us! But in the fall he'll have two classes left, and then he'll be DONE!
Cravings: At this point, I really don't think I'll have any weird cravings.
Symptoms: HIP PAIN!!! Oh it's been so bad these past few days. I don't know if it's pregnancy sciatica, but if feels like my hip joint is bruised and swollen. Last night I slept on and between pillows to see if that would help, and it might have some. Since I am usually a stomach sleeper, I've resorted to my sides, but they go numb and hurt, so I end up just rolling over all night. And let me tell you that the Tylenol and heating pad really isn't helping, but it's all I can do at this point. As my dad would say, "Suck it up!" Just a few more weeks and then I'll probably have something else to hurt.
I really can't think of any other problems that I'm having right now. My blood pressure has been really good, but the doctor wants to keep an eye on it here in the last trimester. I'm hoping that continuing with the water exercise will also help to keep it down.
Best moment since the last one: I put my bedding on the crib this past weekend, and it looks so cute. I'm anxious to get the room set up and see my vision as a reality. And I also keep thinking about this person who will live with us. I can only imagine what a little character he will be and if he will have brown eyes (just like his daddy). In fact, I'm planning on it!
I went to the doctor today and everything looks good. I am so thankful to have had an easy pregnancy so far, so I hope the next 8 weeks go by smoothly. He said I will probably be having him around 38 weeks! I can't believe it and it'll be here before I know it!
I went to the doctor today and everything looks good. I am so thankful to have had an easy pregnancy so far, so I hope the next 8 weeks go by smoothly. He said I will probably be having him around 38 weeks! I can't believe it and it'll be here before I know it!

3 comments:
Hey girl! My hips were horrible during both of my pregnancies too! There were days I couldn't walk! I went to Dr. Rick Riley while I was pregnant with Blakely and it made all the difference in the world. He's a chiropractor in the downtown area...around 3rd and Chester. Totally worth it!
This was such a fun post to read! I am SO GLAD you have had a pleasant pregnancy so far-you look great, by the way! I want to see pictures of Jackson's room when you get it done to your satisfaction. Miss you!
Also, I enjoyed seeing all your Spring house projects in the previous post :)
Thanks for the info Whitney - I'm going to check it out.
Katy - once the nursery is done, I will definitely post about it. Gotta let Brent get through with this semester first! Miss you too!
Post a Comment