"I do it" and "me" are common words around our house these days. His independence is growing and I honestly love seeing him take charge and want to do things on his own. He is mimicking a lot of what we say and it's understandable for the most part. He also knows when we turn into our street that he's going to Jackson's house, and when we get close to school, that we're going to see his friend Noah (also known as "no no").
He thinks its fun to put on our shoes and walk around.
This kid will wear a hat. In fact, most of the time he will get it himself and put it on this way. Not sure where he's seen it, but it's hilarious. He still loves his wagon.
Although here lately, he'd rather pull it than be pulled in it.
Last weekend, I took him swimming and since then he's been acting like a little fish in the bathtub. I can tell that he has no fear, so I'm going to start working with him on some swimming techniques to get him more comfortable in the water. I took swimming lessons until I was probably 10-11, and was a pretty good swimmer, and I want him to be as well. But I'm not paying $60 for someone else to teach him to kick his legs (which he is now doing in the bathtub).
He likes to brush his teeth with the toothbrush that Sar-Sar gave him.
As my dad says, this is the smile that will light the world.
And this is the frown that will make you want to pull out your hair and laugh all at the same time. We are in the midst of the fit-throwing, and sometimes you just have to laugh. These usually only come when he's really tired or really hungry or both, and honestly, I think everybody is like that. We just discipline when needed and ignore the rest.
Jackson also loves being outside and has really taken to his swing. At first, he was not amused by it, but now he says "wee" and wants to keep going.
So my garden this year really isn't much of a garden. I'm not planting anything this year because I'm not sure I have the energy and finances to keep it updated and watered. But my rose bush has really exploded with flowers, and I love it.
My azaela and hydrangea is also very pretty too. This side of the garden is staying in a little better shape than the other side - maybe because it gets more shade.
My attempt at flower photography.
In just six short weeks, my baby will be TWO. I can hardly stand it, but we are so crazy about him it's not even funny.












No comments:
Post a Comment