Monday, February 27, 2012

Dear Jackson,

You're 8 months old today! Two-thirds of the year have gone, and I think about the seasons that we've gone through since you've been here. Summer, Fall, Winter, and now it's time for Spring. I think right now I am having the most fun with you because of your personality. Everybody tells me that you are such a happy baby, and that's the case most of the time. If you're tired, then you can be cranky, but let's face it. Your mama is the exact same way. I can see so much of me in you that is scares me, but I hope that will allow us to bond as you grow older. But don't be confused, you are most certainly Brent Haywood's child, and that also scares me. There is a look that you give, that is exactly like his and it will get you in trouble one of these days.  You are also starting to look like a little boy - that little baby look is gone.

Your main method of getting around is still crawling, although I noticed the other night that you were standing up at the ottoman without holding on. You're getting more stead on those long legs of yours, and I know walking is just around the corner. You also like to pull up on the end tables because the poles are just right for you to hold on. For the most part, when we've said "no" or "don't touch", you stop. The only time you get in trouble is at night after bath time. I know it's because you're tired, but you will not let us put your diaper on. You'd rather crawl around naked, but that isn't happening. I'm going to try a new method tonight to see if it works. (Thanks to the Internet for these ideas).

You still love bath time, and will chew on your bath toys. This is also the time that we usually sing songs, and you just grin when I start singing "Baby Bumblebee". (Dad wants me to find another song though). You're still taking a bath in your fancy bath tub, but it won't be long before we put that up. You can sit fine in the water now, and have even put your face down a couple of times. The look on your face afterwards is priceless.

Right now, you're about 18 pounds and I don't know how long, but your 9 month pants are starting to get short. You're not "thick", but your long and lean. I'm wondering if you're going to take after your Pops - he was tall and skinny when he was younger. A couple of weekends ago, we went to McGehee to see Mimi and Pops. We were able to go to the Honduras mission meeting that night, and I had a few people tell me you looked like Pops. One even said "He is eat up with Norris." I do think you look a lot like me, but with your daddy's brown eyes.

As for food, you're starting to eat more and more, especially since you now have 6 teeth in! (4 on the top, still 2 on the bottom, which are the only 2 you can see still). Your daily schedule looks something like this:

6 a.m. - 6 oz bottle
8:30 a.m. - oatmeal and fruit
11:30 a.m. - 6 oz bottle
1:30 p.m.- veggies and fruit
3:30 p.m. - 6 oz bottle
6:30 p.m. - dinner meal, and some veggies and fruit, and puffs
7:30 - 6 oz bottle

Of course this schedule is not set in stone, and varies depending on how you're feeling. You also take four cat naps during the day, and will go to bed around 7:30 - 8 p.m. and will stay down until around 6 the next morning. A lot of mornings, I first hear you around 5 a.m., but buddy, that is too early for you to get up. You usually play for a little while and go back to sleep.

One other thing that you've started doing this week is having some separation anxiety. If you don't want to be put down, you immediately start crying. It breaks your daddy's heart to hear that in the mornings when he leaves you at school, but I know you are better as soon as he leaves. You've also decided you're tired of the exercauser and we will be putting it up this weekend. In the mornings when we're getting ready, you play in our room and we'll watch Daybreak and play with your choo choo train. Most of the time, you watch Daddy as he's brushing his teeth, but you still have no interest in putting a toothbrush in your mouth (something your Aunt Sarah will not like to hear).

Buddy, we just can't imagine life without you. I know you're growing up, but you'll always be my brown-eyed baby. There is nothing better than you laughing and smiling at us - it makes us get up the mornings.






You look slightly annoyed.












No comments: