Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another Fun Weekend!

Mimi and Pops came to Jackson's house on Friday because they haven't seen him since Christmas!  That was way too long!  They also let Brent and I go on a date Friday night, which is something we haven't done since the weekend before he was born. We went to Chili's in Jacksonville, and surprisingly we didn't talk much about the little man. (Except to say how cute he is and how lucky we are). We did have a really good time and was home by 9:30.  They said they had a great time while we were gone, and he went to be pretty easily.

Saturday morning we got up and started playing.  And oh boy was there a lot of it!  The little man is now very good at sitting up on his own, and has started going from his tummy to sitting up.  He wants to crawl, SO BAD, but as soon as he tries to move forward, his legs give out.  He has realized that he can grab on the carpet and pull himself forward, and he's doing a little bit of army crawling.  I think in a couple of weeks from now, he'll be on the move and then the game will be on!


Isn't the point of having grandparents is having them give you things you're parents won't?  I'm pretty sure my Pa gave us candy before we were supposed to.  He didn't actually drink any of the Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, but he was fascinated with the straw.  


It won't be long before he will be saying "Mimi, can you take me to Sonic?"

We played in the floor a lot, and he is also trying really hard to pull up.  We waited forever for him to rollover, and now he wants to crawl and pull up all at once.  I can also tell that he is going to have that "I can do it myself" personality.  


I love reading to Jackson, and he really does listen and pay attention most of the time. Mimi always brings a new book to read, so our library is growing quickly. 



He is also loves his Pops.  When they got here on Friday, he just studied both of them and tried to figure out who they are.  It wasn't long before he was grinning at them.  Also, anything that has buttons he wants to touch then taste.  For instance, Pops' iPhone.  ha! 


He kinda looks like Pops here (I think he's starting to look more like me). And his hair is very light. 
  

Saturday evening, Mimi and Pops went home and we enjoyed another Saturday night at home.  This morning we got up and went to church, and I swear that the Devil is really working on me on Sunday mornings.  I get so aggravated that we can't get it together to be on time, and spent the first 30 minutes of Sunday School trying to chill out and re-focus.  We had nursery duty during worship service, and ended up in Jackson's room.  There were 11 babies in there and 5 adults, and it was chaos!  If Jackson is full and happy, he plays with the other babies and with toys very easily.  But when he realizes that I'm there, he wants me to pick him up.   And of course he never takes a nap at church, so by the time we got in the car, he was out.  And he slept in his car seat for an hour and a half, so I know he was worn out! After nap time, he ate lunch (yes, we are now eating veggies mid-day), and went to Walmart for grocery shopping.  We usually go back to church on Sunday nights, but we were both worn out from nursery duty earlier, we stayed in.  I was so tired and my back was a little sore, plus I hadn't been with my little man at bath time the past two nights.  We needed a little family time before starting another work week.  

Next week, we'll celebrate his 7-month birthday! I just can't believe we're on the downhill slide of his first year, and the older he gets, the more fun he becomes.  I don't know if I would say that I "miss" those first few months, but I wouldn't have traded them for anything.

No comments: