I truly cannot believe it because I had myself convinced that it was a girl. No particular reason why I thought that - I just did. So when the ultrasound lady said "Oh there it is", I was so excited. Brent really wanted a boy, so I am thrilled that he got his prayers answered. Of course we would have loved a little girl too, but we are over the moon about a boy. The best news was that he was measuring where he needs to be and was kicking and flopping around. I think Brent was truly amazed at the ultrasound picture showing him moving his legs and arms, because the last time we had a ultrasound he was a peanut.
So to answer the other big question. What's his name? Jackson Landon Haywood will be his name. Landon is Brent's middle name, and it was important to me for us to name him after his father.
I went to work after our appointment, but I'll be honest. I didn't do much work. We had to tell everybody, and it took a little while for the news to sink in. Growing up it was just me and my sister, so I'm not sure what to do with a little boy. I guess we're going to find out. I see sports, dirt, and big messes in our future though. Oh and my dad is already excited about having a hunting buddy!
The other fun thing that I wanted to mention is that everybody who is pregnant right now (with the exception of my dear friend Terri) is having boys. Brent's childhood friend Jeremy and his wife Sarah are having a little boy about 6 weeks before Jackson will arrive, and I can't wait to see these two together. I'm a little scared at what they will teach them, but at the same time, it will be so much fun!
I took this with my phone today and propped it up on my keyboard. We think he's going to be long!
Jackson, I know without a doubt that God gave you to us for a reason. Keep growing and kicking! In church last week, I found a verse to claim for you.
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10.
We love you very much and can't wait for you to make an appearance in June.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy


3 comments:
Awww, congratulations! I was convinced that you guys were going to have a girl too. And I had convinced myself that we're going to have a girl, but now I'm wondering if I have any kind of instinct! Guess we will just wait and see. :)
Congrats!!! We've got 3 nephews and only 1 niece and then another nephew on the way so our family is full of boys! They are so much fun! Can't wait to see what we are having!
So excited for you and can't wait to meet baby Jackson! I recently gave away almost all of Cooper's baby stuff but wishing I had kept some for you now that we know he's a BOY!
Post a Comment