Last week, all we heard about on the news was "Winter Precipitation is possible this weekend." Now typically, they predict these big storms, everybody freaks out and buys all the milk, and then nothing happens. But after checking several sources, I was convinced that it was definitely coming. We went to church on Sunday (it was good to be back with everybody), and afterwards, we ran a few errands before barricading up at home. About every 30 minutes, I would stare out the window to see if anything was falling, but I finally realized that a watched sky never precipitates, so I laid down for a nap. Sure enough - about 3 pm., it started snowing and sticking.
But then it started blowing side-ways, and that's when we were shocked to see that it was actually accumulating in the lanai/veranda. I never thought about it coming through the screens, but it sure did.
Santa brought Brent a brand new grill, and he had waited long enough to use it. So what better day to grill than when it's 20 degrees and snowing!
On Sunday, my nose started running, and wouldn't stop. This was the most that I got out in the snow, which was probably more than I should have. I ended up having another cold\sinus infection and felt miserable on Monday and Tuesday. I'm still coughing and sound horrible, but luckily my OB felt sorry for me and called me in some antibiotics. I think I'm on the road to recovery and just really pray that I don't get another one. I'm ready to feel that wonderful energy feeling of the 2nd trimester!
My nose was as red as my scarf.
As my dad would say, "You so pretty, pretty, pretty." LOL. I really know how tacky I looked and wanted to make fun of it. I wasn't about to take off my PJs and put on regular clothes.
This is what we woke up to the next morning. At least 3-4 inches of powdery snow. I really wish that I wasn't sick, because this was the perfect snow to build a snowman. Oh well - maybe next year. I think almost every school in the state was out on Monday, and Brent and I enjoyed a cozy day at home. It's also been really cold the rest of the week, so while it's melted off the streets, there's still a lot of snow on the ground. It's a really strange site honestly, but very pretty in places.
Our garden lights looked like snow cones. Literally!
Our garden lights
First snow for the Lanai
1 comment:
I love a good snow! And I'm jealous that we didn't get more here in Fayetteville... I kept hoping we'd get a snow day. :)
Post a Comment