How Far Along: 17 Weeks (1/17/11)
Size of baby: Baby Haywood is the size of a a turnip - 5 inches long, and about 5 ounces
Total Weight Gain/Loss: December was a hard month. I was extremely busy for the first part, and then really sick during the last 2 weeks of the month. All of that to say, I did not exercise one bit, and ate whatever I wanted. The result: 6 pounds up. Hopefully I can get well, get back on the treadmill, and cut the salt.
Maternity Clothes: I have broken out the maternity pants, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan. I'm going to need some more shirts soon, but I'm going to try to see if I can make it with what I have for a little while longer.
Gender: Everybody (including myself) thinks it's a girl. So that probably means it'll be a boy, right?
Movement: Haven't felt anything definitive yet, but a few flutters.
Sleep: I'm sleeping much better these days, and only getting up once to go to the bathroom.
What I miss: I can't think of anything that I'm truly missing right now.
Cravings: Still haven't had any strange cravings. I have been waking up in the middle of the night really hungry, and that is so strange to me. I'll typically drink a small glass of apple juice and eat a few handfuls of dry cereal or have a cereal bar then go back to bed.
Symptoms: Now that I've beaten round 2 of cold/sinus infection, I'm feeling so much better. I finally had to call the doctor because my chest was hurting when I coughed, and they called me in a Z pack. Yes, I am limited in some things that I can take, but the list is bigger than people thing. And if the doctor approves and prescribes it, I'm going to take it and not worry. That's just me though.
I really haven't had any nausea or hissy fits lately. But I have had some nesting going on. We've cleaned out closets and are starting to get the room ready. I ordered the crib yesterday, and in two weeks we should know the gender!!!
Time really is flying by!
P.S. I thought I would share this funny picture of myself. I'm starting to show, but not quite this much. I had on a heavy coat, sweatshirt, and long-sleeve t-shirt. I might start doing for-real pictures soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment