Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Weeks!

This is where I'll be in two weeks and I can hardly wait!



This will be my seventh trip to the country of Honduras, and it really is more exciting each time that I go. Last year's trip was a very hard year for me personally because it was so different, but this year all of the old group will be there, including my mom, dad and Monkey! This group is my extended family and I love them all dearly.



When I was in middle school, my dad went to Venezula a couple of times, and each time he came back he send his film off to be developed into slides. You know - like the kind in the carosel. I would roll my eyes when it was time to watch them, but it's amazing how things stick with you. In 2001, I decided that I wanted to go. That trip changed my life, and I will never be the same again. This week, I was showing a co-worker my pictures from last year's trip, and I thought "Oh man - I've turned into that person who is excited to get the slides out." And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.



"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."  -Matthew 28:19

No comments: