So here's an update of what we've been doing these past two weeks:
- Started school - I have 22 in my class this semester and Brent is in three classes at UALR.
- Wallered in the house weekend before last. Yes, wallering is a real word meaning "you wore out that part of the soft and you have to move to another seat to wear it down, and then you repeat the process over again."
- Last week at work, I was in charge of coordinating health screenings from the Heart Hospital. They sent some really nice ladies and I enjoyed getting to know them, but being out of my normal routine completely wore me out.
- Saw God answer some prayers - big and small - and tried to pray for others more.
- Had lunch with my friend Kristen Black.
- Celebrated Jeremy Clement's 31st birthday with mexican food and Rock Band - enjoyed being goofy with old and new friends.
- Went to West Memphis to see Brent's dad and stepmom. Whole. other. story. Decided I needed to pray harder.
- Watched a movie and had chicken wings with Monkey and the Hubs.
- Had a good old-fashioned Sunday night fellowship at my house last night. The girls and babies came over at 5, and then the guys and bigger kids showed up around 6:30. I hadn't thought my house was too small until last night when we had almost 30 people in the kitchen and living room. But I loved it! I think I've inherited the gift of hospitality from my grandfather, and it gives me great joy to make sandwiches for my friends. I have said it before, but it wasn't for our friends at FBC Cabot, then I probably wouldn't stay in Lonoke County. They are all so special to us, and I felt like God was saying to me last night "You're right where you need to be."
- I'm reading the Five Love Languages and trying to figure out what mine is. I'm pretty sure Brent's is Quality Time.
1 comment:
There's a great assesment on the 5 love languages website that was spot on for both Chris and me!
Post a Comment