Some of you might have heard us talking about this, but if you have not, then you're in for a treat. Every year, Brent's family does something so crazy on Christmas night. We throw the fireball. Oh yes - I didn't believe it either until I saw it, but it exists. The tradition started over 80 years ago when some poor sharecroppers in Marianna didn't have anything else to do ball an old sweater into a ball and set it on fire. That started the most extreme game of hot potato you have ever heard of, and the tradition continues.
After dinner, everyone rushes to put on their old clothes (yard, hunting, etc), and we head outside. We stand in a circle and light the fireball, and throw it like you would throw an egg to each person. I actually threw it a few years ago, but didn't this year because I like being the photographer.
And here's proof that it actually happens:
Kerosene- the smell of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment