Saturday, September 19, 2009

Go Hogs! And other random randomness

Once again, I've been a slacking blogger. To give a recap of the past few weeks, Brent spend the week after Labor Day in Arizona taking care of his mom. She had some complications develop after having a simple procedure, and we thank God that she is doing better. I didn't tell many people that he was gone mainly because I am a big fraidy cat and didn't like for the whole world to know that I was home alone. I managed to keep busy, which helped pass the time.


I picked him up from the airport last Saturday after I spend the morning at the first annual SPP Three Miles of Men Golf Tournament. I didn't play, but instead I was the photographer and money-taker. We raised $1100, which is awesome! This is my sweet friend Dawn-Marie. We work together on several projects, and she is a champion for breast cancer awareness because her mom was going through it about the same time as my dad was going through colon cancer. I am so blessed to have a great group of friends at work - it definitely makes the day and week go by quickly.
After the tournament, I met up with Monkey to run some errands. Caitlin's birthday is next month, and I've been wanting to make her a tu-tu. I bought some red and black toole and ribbon, and this is what I made. I'm so proud. I can be crafty if I want to, but I have no idea how to sew and I wish I did.

Tonight, I sat down and starting tying ribbon, and this is the completed tu-tu. I'm going to find her a Razorback t-shirt to go with it. I've also gotten her a little keyboard that has a button on it for "cowbell." Oh yes - because two-year-old's need move cowbell! We all need more cowbell! I'm also on the lookout for some pom poms. I couldn't believe that neither Walmart nor Kmart had them today.




I also made a hair bow, but it may be a tad big, and I have to find something to glue it on.

We are just beginning the football season here, and I am excited to see what the Razorbacks will do this season. I have a small Razorback garden flag out front and wanted a new wreath outside that was red/white to show off our Hog Pride. I got the ribbon and flowers for about $17 at Hobby Lobby, and I'll probably leave this up all fall.

In other news, both Brent and I are about a month into the school semester. Brent is back at UALR working on his Management Information Systems degree. The past several semesters he was getting prereqs at Pulaski Tech, so now it's back to the hard stuff.
I have had a relatively easy semester at PTC with my teaching. Last semester just about made me loose my mind, but I am so thankful to have a good group of students this time around. The worst part of this semester has been dealing with the administration. I was so aggravated at the lack of organization and chaos. (They didn't tell me I was teaching for sure until the week before, and then told me I had a new text book). Crazy! I've had some funny moments, but I really probably shouldn't share them with everyone. Let's just say some of these folks have had a colorful past, and they're not embarrassed to share anything.
On Sundays, we're enjoying our church so much. Our Sunday School group is awesome, and we're both in bible studies at night. I've just started Beth Moore's study on Esther, and it's so good to get back in a study.

Well, that's all we have going on for right now. The rest of the month isn't looking too exciting, but that's fine because October is jam-packed!

2 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

love love love the tutu!! That is so cute!!

Kristen Black said...

Hey girl- we were almost arizon-ans about a week ago too! Josh had an offer in Tuscon but we've decided to wait and stay put for now. T's shirt was a gift but I've seen them at good 'ol Walmart! Also, the cute boutique stores sell them and the AJ Monogramming place by us on JFK has adorable ones or she can monogram it on anything for you.