That's what my dear friend Monkey said a few weeks ago. (Well, maybe not those words, but I think it sounds better). We drove up last Friday after work and helped her move out of her apartment, but what we didn't bargain for is the winter wonderland destruction that Mother Nature left behind. On Monday it started getting bad up there, and Tuesday night she lost power. Bless her heart, I would have been freaking out, but she handled it great. The power came back on Friday afternoon, and most of the roads going that way were clear. That is, until we got to her apartment complex on Holiday Island. This is what it looked like from her loft balcony. Very pretty, but very cold and slick!

One of our first tasks was to remove the 5 inches of ice from the patio furniture. It was kinda fun throwing big chunks off the patio.

This was the view looking up the hill from her apartment. It was getting slushy by this point, but the salt truck was making rounds to help out the melting. One elderly neighbor across the street was walking up the hill from the mailboxes and said "I could have stayed in Nebraska for this." HA!

Once the ice began to melt pretty good, Monk's dad tried to get the big moving truck up the hill. Brent did a wonderful job of shoveling ice so it would have some traction and make it up said hill. I didn't witness this, but apparently at one point it started sliding backwards and would have falling off the side of the hill had it not been for God's hand holding the back of it. Apparently it was a very tense situation. But as you can see, they made it, and we filled it up.

We definitely made a memory, and we're glad to have her out of those hills!
3 comments:
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I am so very blessed to have friends like you and Brent. I missed you guys tonight. Love ya lots!
Thanks for documenting this adventure. Wish we could've been there. Thanks for taking up our slack. Sure do appreciate you guys!
Good friends are hard to find but I believe that Monk has found a pair of them. Your help was more than we can possible thank you both for. Be sure and let me know the date that you are available for that weekend. Love ya!
Post a Comment