Monday, October 15, 2007

New Carpet...and a New Niece

So after all of our painting and other home remodeling projects in the past year, Brent and I decided to pay a visit to Sherwood's Carpet One and see what kind of specials they had going on. As it turns out, there was a beautiful mushroom bisque semi-shag that was just begging for us to take it home. This past Friday, the carpet got to come home with us. The two hombres installing it too less time to take the old carpet up and put the new down than it took us to take all of the stuff out of the rooms and then put them back. But after all of our hard work, the bedrooms are freshly carpeted and the closets are semi-cleaned out. The big move weekend is coming up, and I'll be moving my stuff into 18 Matthews Lane the last weekend in October.

Also today is the birthday of my new niece - Caitlyn Leigh Smith. Brent's older sister Kelly had the baby this morning via C-section, and we are wishing them the best of luck and a speedy recovery. The baby is really about a month early, so they will both have to stay in the hospital for a few days. Hopefully sometime next year we will be able to travel to Arizona to see them.

Here is a before and after of the bedroom....I want to post more pictures of my soon-to-be-new house, but I first must pick it up before I can take pictures. And since I'm leaving for Philadelphia/New York City on Friday, I don't see that happening anytime soon!


Yeah - this used to be the blue room, but thanks to Jeff, it's now "Cabot Taupe."

No comments: