On Saturday, June 30th, our dear sweet friend Monkey got married! We had originally planned to make a family affair and spend Saturday night, but with my parents not going and me still on crutches, we had to just make a day of it. Gamma was still here so we left Jackson with her to play, and I'm so glad because I really enjoyed our day alone together. Jackson would have been miserable in the car, although it would have been fun to show him off.
Brent and I got there early to watch them take pictures. There were lots of other kids around - both sides have several nieces and nephews. The photographer definitely earned her money! I sat back and got some snapshots.
Here's me and the bride!
Her dress was so pretty and of course the flowers were gorgeous. (Her mom is a wonderful florist and did my wedding). Her husband's name is Joshua Legg, so that's right - this is Mrs. Monkey Legg. He's a very nice guy and I wish we lived closer so we could get to know him a little better.
Monkey's brother-in-law did the ceremony and he did a great job. And speaking of the ceremony, it was short and sweet. A grand total of 15 minutes!
I also got to see my former roommate Kristi Shirley (now Sharp) and her mom. We had a good visit at the reception and it really made me miss the old OBU and Turtle Creek apartment days.
Can't forget J-Lo (John Lowery) - he went to high school with Monkey and then went to OBU with us. He's a mess, and it was a lot of fun to catch up.
The reception was very nice, and the food was great. She had yummy cakes and a fun candy bar too. The only bad thing was the weather. That week the average temps were about 105, and my dress was not cotton. I was sweating like crazy, which I was also wearing the walking boot so that didn't help either.
No comments:
Post a Comment