Sunday, July 22, 2012

4th of July

Brent's mom stayed with us for two weeks, and one thing she wanted to do was go to her family's 4th of July gathering they do every year at Bobby and Priscilla Morris's house.  (We also do fireball here too).  We didn't go last year because Jackson was just a week old and I was barely getting off the couch, but this year was a lot of fun.  We got to eat good stuff and visit and play with our Oxner and Gardner cousins.  

This is Jackson's great-great uncle - that's right 2x great!  Uncle Junior and Brent's grandmother, Granny, were brother and sister.  I tried to think if I ever met any of my great-great aunts or uncles, and I can't remember any.  Uncle Junior is in his mid-80s and is so sweet.  All of Brent's family welcomed me into the family so easily, so I'm very glad to be apart of this group. 


Jackson worked the crowd that's for sure!  He was enjoying all of the attention. 


And Bobby and Cilla have lots of room to run around in, so that was a plus. 

Here's Wyn, Dianne, and Connie - siblings in order of birth, which wasn't planned.  Also gotta love the patriotic attire. 


Me and my little man.  Should have gotten a picture of the boot because it was here with us.  I was still using the crutches but was getting around some without them.  

No comments: