And speaking of Jackson, I just have to document one of the problems we've had this week. The daycare called on Monday and said he had a rash on his face and it could be hand, food, and mouth again. Being the cautious people we are, we picked him up and took him to Dr. Wilson to get him checked out. Now keep in mind that he had no fever on Monday, but we still took him to the doctor. She said he was fine and it was probably not another case of HFM, wrote him a note to go back to school on Tuesday, and that was it. (Also on Monday, my parents weren't here - they had gone home on Sunday afternoon, but were coming back Monday night). Anyway, on Tuesday morning, Brent and Jackson head to Little Rock. About 30 minutes after he drops him off, the daycare calls and says that he can't come back because he hasn't been out for 24 hours and he's been drooling. So I call and talk to the infant coordinator and try to explain that he never had fever yesterday, but it was like talking to a brick wall. She wasn't understanding me and kept wanting to argue with me. I told her to call my doctor's office and speak with them, and she said she would but he still needed to be picked up in 30 minutes. When I tell you that steam was coming out of my ears, that's an understatement. Very fortunately, my mom was here, so we got in the civic and headed to Little Rock. Brent was in a meeting and couldn't leave right then.
On the way there, I got a call from the director of the daycare, who was much more friendly and understanding. I explained the situation, and she said she would investigate what happened. When we got there, me and my crutches went in to get Jackson, who was playing and happy. Hmm. After I got home, I wrote an email to the director explaining how we were dissatisfied with the attitude we received from the infant coordinator, and she said she would speak with her and make sure that the miscommunication wouldn't happen again. (It turns out, his supposed fever wasn't documented on Monday). The rest of the day on Tuesday, Jackson was just fine. He played, took a nap, ate good, took his bottles, and slept all night.
SO on Wednesday, we send him back to school. First they call and say that we forgot to send a cup for him to drink water and juice out of. OK, so that was our fault, but we couldn't get him one until lunch time. At this point, I felt like he was being picked on for the incident the day before. You're telling me you can't find a cup for him to drink out of? Whatever. Brent took him one at lunchtime and he was clingy and didn't want to eat his food. I told them that he had to stay because we can't pick him up every time he doesn't feel like himself - that's just reality - sorry buddy! They called Brent back around 3 p.m. and said that he did have fever 100.4 and that he needed to go home. So of course, Brent picked him up, but I swear they were just trying to do anything to say that he was sick. Because it was documented, that meant that he had to stay home on Thursday, which also happened to be when my parents were leaving, so Brent had to stay home and help. All day yesterday, he didn't have any fever. He played hard, and had two good naps. He ate a good dinner, took his night bottle, then went to bed easy peasy. He and Brent went to school and work today, so hopefully he can have a full day playing with his friends.
As I said, he played hard yesterday at home and has learned to do a few new things. First thing is learned how to climb onto the ottoman, and has figured out how to get down, which is so funny. He's very cautious about getting down - he'll swing one leg over after studying it for a minute. He is also fond of dumping his books out and then will put them back in. He also pulled out every toy in his toy box yesterday, and then decided to get in it. ha!
Once he got out, he pushed it into the kitchen and climbed on top and was scaling the kitchen chair before we got to him. Oh yes, the race is on people. The race is on. I cant' believe that in less than two weeks he will be ONE. How in the world did that happen?
As for me, I have to wait until Tuesday afternoon to go back to the doctor to get this split off and in a walking boot. (Hopefully). My little scooter has been a huge help, but it's bruised up my knee. I'm definitely ready to walk and get back to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment