Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Garden Update

Well, you'd think in the past 10 days, I've had plenty time to blog, but I have either been busy or not feeling well.  I wanted to document a gardening milestone that I reached this week.  I got to eat my very first tomato out of my garden!  In the past two weeks, I haven't been able to get out there and garden much, but luckily my mom has watched over my plants when she was here. 





This is a picture of the garden looking through the patio screens, which is as close as I've gotten to it.  As you can also see, the squash plants are done for.  They got huge and made a lot of squash, but once it gets really hot outside, they tend to die off.  Given that the previous garden I had didn't make any tomatoes or squash, I consider this a huge victory. I also have a cucumber vine that's doing fairly well. 


We got a good rain on Monday, which is great for the plants, but not so great for the weeds.  They're taking over, but they'll just have to wait until next week when I can get out there (maybe).  






No comments: