My mom's sister and husband (Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike) live in Springfield, Missouri, and we like to go visit with them every now and then. I've got two cousins, who also have two kids each, so we got to spend some time with them. We probably get to see them once or twice a year, so each time is very special. This was Jackson's first long car ride, and he did great. Going up there, he slept most of the way, then he played with his toys the rest of the way. (We had to stop three times - diaper change, lunch, and gas). Not too bad really.
When we got to their house, we went outside for a little while and enjoyed the nice weather. The have perfect grass, although Jackson wasn't really impressed with it. My aunt also has two weenie dogs - Zoe and Lucy. Zoe is the younger one and was so excited to see Jackson, although I don't think the feeling was mutual at first. He did warm up to the dogs, and tried to pet them a few times. I was really glad he didn't freak out when they barked or got close to him.
Doesn't he look so big here? Just a swinging with Mimi and Aunt Debbie.
Petting Zoe...
It was pretty warm last week, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the outdoors.
This is Jackson's 3rd cousin, Landon Thomas. He's in the 1st grade, but looks like he's in the 4th. He really played well with J, and even read him some books.
On Saturday, my cousin Michelle and her two kids came over to visit with everybody. They live about an hour away, and it was good to see her. We're the same age and had a lot of fun when we were little. They called us the giggle monsters cause that's all we did. I remember getting in trouble at night because we kept giggling and wouldn't go to sleep.
This is Nannie (my grandmother - mom's mom), and all of her great grandkids. From left to right: Ethan - 12, Grace - 9, Jackson - 10 months, Landon - 7, and Kayla - 16. I am so thankful that we all got to spend time together with Nannie. The older I get, the more I realize how special it is to have both of my grandmothers here with us.
Here's the whole family (minus Uncle Mike who was the photographer).
Grace did really good playing with Jackson. He'll be playing baseball before long.
Doesn't look like a baby anymore, does he.
I'm pretty sure his hair is going to be curly like his mama's. And it's also looking a darker blonde these days. Mine was the same way when I was little.
My aunt has a fairly large downstairs, and Jackson walked several miles using his "baby walker". That push toy got pushed from the kitchen to the living room at record speed. He would plow through anything, and I think even the dogs were scared by the end of the week. I just know he came home to our house and thought "we need to upgrade to a place with more space." Brent had to stay home to work, so by the time we got home on Sunday, he was really glad to see us. And I think Jackson missed his daddy too. He grinned so big when we walked in the door.
I really enjoyed my few days off, and look forward to Memorial Day weekend coming up.
1 comment:
What a nice blog and great pictures! Jackson is absolutely adorable and I was so glad to finally meet him. He is a very sweet little boy. It was great to see you. I have always thought we shared that same oldest child mentality and the same sense of humor. I do wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often. It was a very nice weekend. Anytime we all get to be with Nannie is precious. Love ya!
Post a Comment