We celebrated Jackson's first Easter in McGehee with Mimi and Pops, and the only way it could have been better is if Aunt Sarah and Uncle Josh were there. We had a great time playing outside in the perfect weather - I think it was what we all needed!
Since his Sears photo shoot wasn't too great the week before, we had a mini one Saturday after nap time. He did great sitting in my old rocking chair.
Pops had the 4-wheeler out moving something for Mimi, so Jackson got to have his first ride. Ever since he was born, Pops has been itching to take him for a ride. Jackson didn't cry, but he didn't smile either. We call this his poker face. I'm sure it won't be long before he'll be saying "Go faster Pops!"
After the 4-wheeler ride, he decided it was time to put some miles on his walker. My parents have a long driveway and big carport, so there was plenty of room to explore. He's gotten pretty fast at that thing and has learned how to steer too.
Aunt Kay and Uncle Sluggo gave Jackson a swing at Christmas, and he's just now getting to use it. We've got to find a good place at home to hang it up at, but he really enjoyed it here. For a few minutes anyway.
After lunch and a visit with Nannie, I wanted to walk a couple of laps in the neighborhood, so I put him in the stroller and off we went. When I started on the 2nd one, I noticed he wasn't moving and sure enough he was asleep. He slept for about 30 minutes in this thing!
Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church at FBC McGehee. I truly love those people and that church, and it is such a blessing every time we visit. This being Jackson's first Easter, I had to dress him in the traditional Southern attire - linen short set, knee high white socks, and white shoes. I thought his daddy would protest, but he said that he looked cute. I've only got a couple of years to do this, so I will soak it up.
Jackson's daddy also looked very handsome today.
After church, we had our traditional photo shoot outside. Luckily J was in a good mood so he was very cooperative. It still takes 2-3 people to get him to smile, but that's OK. And when he's not looking at the camera, I get pictures like this...
They are big buddies! He knows his Pops and knows that he wrestles with him. I was afraid he was going to start doing it in church. ha!
Sweet little man!
Jackson's first Easter.
I love this picture - they both look so happy!
Four generations. And I obviously did not take after my mother or grandmother in the height department. I did have heels on though.
After pictures, we went inside to inspect what the Easter Bunny left. He was very interested in checking it out, which was very different at Christmas. He got some books, a play remote control, and a snack bowl. Mimi and Pops got him some baseball hats, PJs, a plaid outfit, and Pat the Puppy book. Gamma sent him a Winnie the Poo book where she's reading it to him.
I'm sure next year we'll be eating chocolate candy and hiding eggs!
1 comment:
Love his church outfit and the tie shirt:) Darling pictures!!!
Post a Comment