What a crazy 24 hours it has been! The weather almost threw a kink in my plans for Friday, but thankfully it was not as bad as it could have been. I woke up yesterday morning early to make it to work in time to set up for a work event. After looking at the weather, I realized that winter weather was once again heading our way. I was not so upset about the work event, as I was about possibly missing my Friday night plans.
That afternoon the Honduras team was scheduled to drive to Little Rock to spend the night, and leave for the yearly mission trip today. The first of many prayers were answered in that they were able to make it with no problems and the roads stayed slushy for most of the day. Brent stayed home on Friday because of the uncertainty of the weather, so I was in the Civic.
I left work at 2 and headed to the airport to see everybody while they checked their bags. They were supposed to go to Whole Hog for dinner, and I wasn't sure if the weather was going to hold out long enough for me to stay. Luckily, it seemed to quit snowing for a while, so I decided to stay around and go to dinner with them.
Sarah and Josh got there in time for dinner (with my niece dog Lila who is so very cute), and we got to have a little bit of family time as well. Josh was going back to Benton after dinner, and Sarah was staying with mom and dad in their room at the hotel. Well, when we got ready to go, I realized that the fine mist of snow/freezing rain/sleet had made the roads very slick. I thought I could have probably made it, but everyone suggested that I spend the night, so that's what I did. For the first time in a very long time, we had a family bunking party. I had the hide-a-bed, and mom, dad, and Sarah had the two double beds. I was very uncomfortable, but I wouldn't trade that time with my family for anything in the world.
I got up at 3:30 a.m. while they were getting ready, and saw the team off at 4:30, and then I went back to sleep for a few more hours before heading home. When I woke up, I learned that their flight was delayed 2 hours, and they barely made their connecting flight in Houston.
Right now, they're over the Gulf of Mexico heading south to do what God has called them to do. I obviously couldn't go this year, but I have to say that I will be with them in prayer and spirit all week. Many prayers have been answered in the past 24 hours, and I continue to ask for prayers for the upcoming week. Satan tries to destroy what God has planned, but He will prevail.
No comments:
Post a Comment