Friday, December 3, 2010

5 Weeks vs. 10 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 5 Weeks (10/25/10)

Size of baby: Baby Haywood is the size of an apple seed. Amazing!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: No weight gain so far. I'm doing really good at eating more fruits and vegatables and drinking lots of water - mainly so my stomach will stay in check.

Maternity Clothes: Haven't bought any traditional maternity clothes yet, but have a few things that will work I hope.

Gender: We're still a long way from there! I've been feeling like it will be a girl, that's just a premonition at this point.

Movement: We've got a few weeks before I'll feel any movement, but I can't wait!

Sleep: I knew something was off when I was actually waking up when my alarm was going off at 5:30 and getting up on time. Of course, at 9 p.m., I am literally in a coma and so tired that my entire body aches. The only way I can describe it is that it's a tired that I've never felt before. I have noticed that I feel less tired on the days that I walk, so I've been trying to do that.

What I miss: Blue Moon!

Cravings: Not really craving anything yet

Symptons: Hungry a lot, tired, cranky at times (what's new). I haven't been sick yet, but I have gagged a couple of times. It may have been my prenatal vitamins, so I'm taking those at night with my meal.


How Far Along: 10 Weeks (11/29/10)


Size of baby: Baby Haywood is the size of a kumquat, or little over an inch long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: No weight gain so far. I'm really surprised because of all of the activities we've had lately:  family, wedding, Thanksgiving, etc. I do think my lower stomach has started to pooch out more though.

Maternity Clothes: Old Navy had a sale last week, and I got several pieces that I can wear through the winter. I haven't needed any special pants yet, but I have a feeling that it's coming.

Gender: At first I thought it was a girl, now I feel like it's a boy, which is what Brent is really going for. I honestly don't care either way, but we should know for sure at the end of January\first of February. We have also not discussed names because Brent says why waste your time discussing one gender if it's not going to be that.  He has a point, and I don't feel like arguing too much with him on this point. 

Movement: No movement yet- just twinges of things growing.

Sleep: Oh sleep - you're a fickle friend.  Some nights are good, and some are not so good.  And then there are the nights when I have strange dreams and they make me tired before I even get out of bed.

What I miss: Still Blue Moon! It's funny how not being able to have something makes you want it even more!

Cravings: I got an intense craving for Ma's cheese ball that she always makes for Christmas Eve, and I'm waiting on the recipe because I'm not sure I can wait an entire month!  I've also wanted good sushi from Sushi Cafe (only the fried kind of course), and I wanted pizza the other night, but that didn't end well. 

Symptons: Oh the nausea set in about week 6, and I think it may be easing up some.  I had to get some meds for it and those seem to help when I'm gagging.  Luckily, I have not actually thrown up, but it's just the general sense of feeling like crap wears you out!  The nausea is worse right before I go to bed, which is definitely not classified as "morning sickness" but it's still a sickness.  I'm also ready for bed by 9:30, but have been forcing myself to make it past Ned's forecast.  Thanksgiving break was so nice because I was asleep by 10:30 every night and got up at 8.  Nothing like 9-10 hours to make you feel normal again! 

I can also tell when the hormones are ramping up because the emotions go into over drive! I've had a few instances where I completely lost it:  the first was at church while watching a clip of Saving Private Ryan, the second was at Target after talking to an old friend (had to go to the car), and the last one was watching the Country Music Award tribute to Loretta Lynn and hearing her sing "Cole Miners Daughter".  Oh yes - Brent has seriously though I have lost my mind, and everybody says that it's probably going to get worse.  At least we can laugh about it at the same time!

I'm looking forward to my second doctors appointment next Tuesday! Time is certainly flying, and June 27th will be here before we know it.

No comments: