9. Meghan Joy sounded just like Duffy and her voice made the speakers kinda rattle.
8. Scott was A-MAZ-ING. His voice was so smooth and clear, and the piano was awesome. I want to download the song "1000 Miles" after hearing him sing it. He also did some dancing, and it was pretty good dancing given his disability.
7. Matt started out with a rocking song, but unfortunately I decided to use the bathroom right before it started. He played the piano and sounded awesome on his other songs.
6. Anoop...what to say about him. His niche is in the R&B section, and he didn't disappoint. He even did some pelvic thrusting that got the ladies (and men) to screaming.
5. Lil Rounds was the Beyonce of the night. She pranced around in her high heels and sequins to "Single Ladies" like she owned it. Work it girl!
After a 20 minute intermission, we started back with the countdown. The excitement was building because you knew the really good ones were coming up.
4. As Randy would say "Allison can really sing, dawg." She filled that stadium with rock songs and a soulful voice well beyond her 17 years. And I really like that they didn't slut her up either. She had tasteful rocker chick clothes.
3. GOKEY. Oh my word. I had forgotten about him. He was looking good - all buffed up and had his guns out. He sang 'What Hurts the Most" by Rascall Flatts, and also "My Wish to You". Now, I love me some RF, and he did them proud. On the last one, he talked about his struggle with his wife dying a month before he audition and to not let any tragedy or failure get in the way of going after your dreams. OMG - I got the chill bumps and almost teared up. What a sweet guy.
2. GLAMBERT!!! He was most fabulous in his goth outfit, and he screamed all up and down that stage - just like he did on the show. Oh and he did so much pelvic thrusting, I thought he was going to pull something. I'm not going to lie though - he's a good looking guy. And a good dancer. I was a little disappointed at his song choices though. They were good, but nothing memorable.
1. And then when Glambert left, we all knew it was time for THE AMERICAN IDOL to come out. Everybody stood up and started screaming, and we probably did that for 10 minutes. I can just imagine how awesome it was to have that many people cheering you on. How humbling it must have been. He started his set with "Heartless", which is my favorite rendition (over Kanye's). He sang a couple that he did on the show, and then he led the crowd in Calling Those Hogs. Usually I find doing that in non-athletic areas is redneck, but it was most fitting here. After his last song, the rest of the idols came out to sing one last song. And you know what it was? That's right - my favorite song from Glee - "Don't Stop Believing". Oh my word I love that song. I jumped up and started clapping and singing.
Here's the proof that we were hanging out in the rafters...even the screens looked small.
You're welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment