Thursday, May 7, 2009

Awanas and a Random Assortment of Ramblings

This is where we've been every Wednesday night for the past 4 months. These kids are really great, but I was very overwhelmed and tired this past week. They were wild and crazy! It was pizza night, and there was root beer and pepperonis flying everywhere. But when we took them to practice their program in the sanctuary, they knew all of the commandments and songs! I was so proud of them!

You'd never know how wound up they were by looking at these sweet faces. (P.S. The twins remind me so much of what my sister looked like when she was that age).

Brent has been a really great leader too. I love seeing him with the kiddos, and being funny with them.

So this past few days has once again been hectic and crazy. All day on Saturday I was at a volunteer event at UALR, and I am so lucky to have had Monkey there with me. She helped me a bunch!!! Oh, and did I mention that we had to be there at 7:45 and it was pouring down rain? Oh my word - I was soaked. And trying to be peppy to 8th grade girls who didn't want to be there - very difficult for me. But we made it, and then decided to hang out at the house the rest of the evening (aka sleeping on the couch during a movie).

Sunday we said goodbye to very good friends Holly and John Paul. They are moving to south Mississippi for a new job, and while I know God has laid this plan out there for them, I am still very sad to see them go. I mean - it was the ugly cry in Sunday School. I have been so blessed to have made good girlfriends here in town, and we will miss her tons!

So that leads me to the start of a new week. Monday was busy, as usual. Then Tuesday afternoon I headed out to the 4-H Center out in Ferndale to start setting up for the 4th annual Leadership Conference. It's this big day-long event where we learned about negotiation, and it was very successful. My co-worker\friend Lamona did most of the planning, but I had a lot of fun setting up for it, and seeing all of my friends.

Wednesday was the actual event, and since the 4-H Center is exactly 60 miles from my house, I had to be up at 5 to be there by 7. That was rough, but I made it. I think by about 4:30, I was running on adrenaline. I left at 5, and made it just in time to go to Awanas. By the time I got home, it was almost 8:30. When I walked in, Brent told me that his grandmother (Grannie) had passed away and that his family would be coming on Thursday for a few days. This news really set my adrenaline in high gear, and I ended up taking some Nyquil in order to get some sleep. They say that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and I'm wondering what He's building up my tolerance for. I'm very excited to get to see my MIL, SIL, and 18-month old niece Caitlin, even if it is to say goodbye to Grannie.

Thanks for all of your prayers during this time. She was 87 and was not in good health, but we are glad because she is with Jesus today and in no physical or mental pain. I just wish I had known her better.

No comments: