You're three years old now! I can't believe when I look at you, I now see a little boy who can clearly communicate and tell me exactly what you want. We've had our ups and downs the past year, but we could not imagine life without you in it. You're funny, bossy, caring, smart, and love your friends.We went to see Dr. Wilson at the beginning of July, and you officially weighed 30 pounds, and were 3 feet, 1 inch tall (37 inches). You finally moved up to 50% in the weight, and stayed consistently in the 50% for height.
Sleeping
Boy, this has been a challenge since we took the crib down in October. The big boy bed took about six months, but you've finally gotten it down. Of course the toddler door knob lock helps you stay in there too, and Dr. Wilson said it was fine for us to do that. If your door is open, you do tend to get up in the middle of the night and make your way into our room, and that's not going to work for us. Sorry buddy. The past few nights, we've laid down with you for only a few minutes and left the room while you're still awake. I know we should probably not lay down with you, but really I love our snuggles and you'll only be little once. I'll take what I can get.
Language
You are really good communicator and let us know exactly what you want in full sentences. The only letter that gives you a hard time is "L", but it's really cute so I'm not worried about it. Sometimes you do stutter, but I think it's when you get really excited and your mouth can't catch up with your brain. Some other things you've started saying are "Mom this is awesome!" "I get your booty". Luckily you haven't said any words you shouldn't yet.
Eating
This is probably the one thing that I feel the most guilty about, but oh well. You love chicken nuggets, corn dogs, peanut butter and jelly, hot dogs, fruit pouches, bananas, grapes, oranges, apples, eggs, and most kind of bread. You're not adventurous in your eating, and I have not forced you to eat something you didn't want to...yet. The day will come, though, that you will be required to eat the veggies, but until that time, I will not worry about it. They say you eat pretty good at daycare and you're growing, so that's all that matters to me right now. We get home in the evenings around 5 p.m., and I usually have to go ahead and fix your supper because you're starving. Some nights I can get away with having a snack, but not often.
Behavior
For school and church, you are an agreeable child. For the most part, you are at home too. However there are times here lately when your mouth has said things that are not so cute - like "Leave me awone" and "I don't want you to talk to me". We've had to tell you those aren't nice, and a little reminder from Mr. Wooden Spoon helps to jog your memory. We're also working on you being obedient the first time, and I know it will come eventually.
Schedule/School
Now that we're at Austin Academy, our schedule is a lot easier. I've adjusted my work schedule to an earlier hour, so I can get home by 5. This means Daddy takes you to school and Mommy picks you up. You usually wake up around 6 a.m., and then you and Daddy go to school around 7:15.
8:00 - Breakfast
8:15 - Circle time
8:25 - Free play
9:00 - outside play time
9:55 - Free play in centers
10:45 - Put out cots and get ready for lunch
11:00 - lunch!
11:15 - Potty
11:30 - Nap time
1:30 - Wake up
2:00 - Snack time and free play
3:00 - outside play time
4: 00 - Come inside, free play in centers
4:15 - Media time
5:00 - Go home with mommy!
We love your new school. Mrs. Chelsea is your teacher and she got you potty trained in one week! By the second week, you were going to the bathroom on your own, and have had minimal accidents since then. You were ready a lot time ago, but Mommy and Daddy and the old school weren't ready to help you. She also is working with you on tracing and cutting. Before long, you'll be ready for the bigger room!
A few weeks ago, I talked you into taking a shower and since then you absolutely love them. We will turn on the water, help wash you off, then let you play. When the timer goes off, you turn the water off and get out. It's so cool to see you get bigger, but sad at the same time. You're also getting really good at riding your tricycle, although you're still not sure about the scooter.
You also love going to church. You recognize the building whenever we pass it, and you love to go play with your friends. We just started a new year, and you've started having worship time and you love to sing. We also hit a big milestone this year with church. Last week, you started Cubbies with our Awana program and I can't wait to see you learn more about the bible and Jesus over the next year. Your first verse is "God...loves us and sent his son." It took you about 2 times to repeat it back to me. I'm anxious to get to learn these simple scriptures with you. This year, I'm teaching 2nd graders in Sparks, but I know you're having a blast upstairs with your Cubbie teachers.
I really can't capture everything you're doing these days because you stay busy. Most of the time you're playing with your toys or wrestling with your dad. We love you so much and most of the time I can't believe you're mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment