Sunday, May 18, 2014

Welcoming Baby Lucy

In just a few short weeks, my sweet sister will become a mother.  Lucy Jane Farmer will join our family around June 7, and I'm so excited to be an aunt again.  We've had some lovely showers for her in the past month.  The first one was at our home church in McGehee on Easter weekend.  It was so good to see a lot of my former teachers and old friends as well.  She got lots of cute stuff.



Of course I had to take my little mister, who was not quite impressed with seeing people as I had hoped.  I had to break out the iPhone, but he did help his Sar-Sar open some presents for Baby "Woocy".  





The food was so good!  


Other than the belly, she doesn't look pregnant.  I was not so fortunate.  


This sweet lady right here is Mrs. Vashti, our fabulous and patient piano teacher.  She taught us piano for a combined 15 years, and also taught us 7th grade English.  She has the patience of a saint!  It was so good to see her.  I hope I can find a piano teacher for Jackson like her one day.  



Sarah and I were wearing heels and Mom wasn't - which is why we look like giants next to her.  


A couple of weeks later, Sarah's college friends threw her a shower in Little Rock, and she had a great attendance.  She got lots of practical things and lots of decorations too.  





This diaper cake was my creation.  I went above and beyond what I usually do, but of course I would do that for my sweet Lucy.  










This onesie says "Little Cousin" and Jackson has a shirt that says "Big Cousin".  Can't wait to get their picture together!  The other little girls there are Lucy's other big cousins - the Farmer girls:  Ella, Sophia, and Millie, and they have a brother Seth.  



Leslie, me, Sarah, Kendall, Sarah Bone, Megan, Melissa, and Meredith.  It has been a joy to see all of these girls become wives and mothers.  (I am the oldest, so I consider myself a big sister to most of them).  

Mimi and her girls and one more will be added to the group soon. 

Ma and Aunt Snooks got to come to the shower, which was so very special to us.  Now that Nannie's gone, we just have one grandmother left.  Lucy will be her 4th great-grandchild.  And speaking of Nannie, Sarah also got a very special present from her.  She had previously crocheted some blankets in the event that we have more children, and Sarah got a white one with pink ribbon.  That gift brought out the ugly cry in all of us, but thankfully Mom gave it to her at home and not in front of everybody.  


And finally, as a special treat this past week, Sarah and I went for lunch and pedicures.  It was some fun girl time and I can't wait for her to experience being a Mommy.  I know she's going to be a great one. But what I really can't wait for is holding sweet baby Lucy and starting to spoil her. 



No comments: