Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend with My Cousins

I know it's been a couple of weeks since all of this happened, but it's been a little crazy at my house lately and I just can't find the motivation to do a lot of blogging.  Hopefully this will get me back on track. 

My sweet little toddler loves being at Mimi and Pops' house .  He did so good with all of the people he met during the weekend we were home for Nannie's funeral. My three cousins were all there, and it was so good to get to hang out with them again. 


Food just tastes better at Mimi's house.  

I don't think my mom would approve of this picture because it shows all of the junk in this room, but in her defense, it's Nannie's stuff that she's got to figure out what to do with it all.  Jackson found him a place to sit and he liked looking through the window at Pops.  



He also discovered the fireplace that weekend and wanted to sit up there and read the magazines.  

There's nothing better than reading a 30-year old book with his mommy's name in the front. 

The visitation and funeral were very nice and it was so nice to see the community reach out to my family.  There was food everywhere!  We started joking that we had to eat every two hours because that's how much there was.  I couldn't help but think that Nannie was a little aggravated because she couldn't be with us, but I know she is with Jesus and nothing is better than that.  
Here are all of Nannie's grandkids:  Me, Michelle, Adam, Sarah, and Shannon.  It's probably been 15 years since we've all been together and I forgot how much we used to laugh when we were kids.  Brent fit right in with them too.  
Uncle Mike, Aunt Debbie, Adam, Michelle, Landon, Shannon, Kayla, and Chris. 


Mom and Aunt Debbie. To me, my mom looks just like her dad and Aunt Debbie looks like Nannie.  Genetics are funny. 



Here's our little family - Jackson wouldn't look at the camera, but we're all here.  

Nannie didn't have an easy life, but she was faithful to God and he blessed her with a loving family and a long life.  She was feisty and a hard worker, and if I can be half the cook and gardener she was, I'll be OK.  My goal now is to make sure that Jackson and any future children know what kind of person she was because even thought she isn't with us, she is still very much apart of who we are.  


No comments: