Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jackson @ 19 Months

We had a fun January and had lots of play time at home.  Jackson is really learning a lot and his language is really developing.  He's said the following words lately:  up, remote, and milk (which sounds like mee-lk).  I'm working on:  hey ya'll, Gamma, and Kelly.  He definitely understands a lot too.  I remember standing on my dad's feet and walking around silly, so I did that with J the other day and was saying "dum dum dum dum".  Now he comes up to me, gets on my feet and says "dum".  What a smart boy!  




We also have trouble keeping electronics away from him.  Guess that's another way he's like his daddy.  


My sweet boy!  He's looking so much like Brent these days. 

See, he's not always smiling and happy.  This is what he does when I won't let him have my iPhone. 

He still loves Mr. Bear. 

He's pretty good about not getting into stuff, but I did catch him the other day pressing the buttons on the router. 

Ha - catcha!


Oh hey Mom - what are you doing there? 

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?  Is this not Brent Haywood?  OMG - I'm going to have my hands full. 

He still loves taking a bath with bubbles. 

The past few days, the weather has been very nice and spring-like.  When we get home in the afternoons, he has not wanted to come inside.  This child loves being outside, and throws a fit to even come inside.  So after church I decided we'd have a little picnic and enjoy the sunshine before nap time.  



I think he thought it was pretty fun to eat crackers outside.  


Then he needed to eat crackers on the swing.  


 I really can't believe that we're officially on the down-hill slide to 2 years old.  He's officially 19 months old and I don't know how he got so big so fast.  He weighs about 24-25 pounds and is at least 32 inches tall.  He's a picky eater, but I don't push it.  He'll eat when he gets hungry and I'm not going to stress over it.  He can throw a mean temper tantrum (Norris fits anyone?), but that's something we're working on.  They usually happen when he's sleepy or hungry, and I know I'm the same exact way.  But most importantly, he is super sweet to his mommy and daddy.  He can give kisses and hugs on demand, and he always kisses the phone when he's face-timing Mimi and Pops and Gamma.  He definitely is so fun and we love him more every day!   



No comments: