Thursday, September 27, 2012

15 Months

I usually type a long post about Jackson's development, but for the sake of my sanity right now, I'll just make lists.  I do have to say that now that he is officially a toddler, he keeps us laughing and busy more than he ever did when he was a baby.  Brent and I both look at him and wonder where has that baby gone - he's more grown up.

Words he can say:
Mama, daddy, bubbles, ball, duck, puppy, truck, cup, and he's working on apple

Sounds:
Monkey, dog, truck/car sound, cow,

Things he can do:
sign "please"
Still loves books
Throws a ball
Runs/can walk backwards
Dances
Starting to follow directions more:  put your paci in the bed (which we are trying to get off of it by Christmas), put the toys up, go to his room, etc.  He really understands quite a bit.
Give kisses (if he's in the mood).
Clap his hands
Knows his eyes, ears, nose, fingers, toes, feet
When I say "show me your teeth", he grins so big! It's hilarious!

Things he hates:
Brushing his teeth
Wiping his nose

Shows he likes to watch:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Harry the Bunny
Wheel of Fortune
Tec the Tractor
Sesame Street

Schedule
6:30 - 7:00 - wake up, breakfast part 1
7:00 - 8 :00 - go to school
8:30 - Breakfast, part 2
11:30 - lunch
12-1:30 - nap
2-5 - play time (art, music, story time, outside time)
5-6 - Drive home; sometimes nap
6-6:30 - HUNGRY - dinner time
7 - 7:30 - playtime with Mommy and Daddy
7:30 - bath time
7:45-8:00 - bed time (read books, snuggle with blanket and paci, watch Tec the Tractor)

Stats
18 1\8 head circumference
21 lbs - weight - 10%
31 1/4 inches long - 50%
size 5 shoe
size 4 diaper
Wears 12-18 month clothes, but still can wear some 9 month pants/shorts.
Has all of his teeth in now - the stomach/eye teeth just came in within the last couple of months.  The molars are all the way in and he's definitely chewing more with then rather than gumming it.

He is growing just as he should, even though he's smaller than most kids, I think he's perfectly fine and developing ahead of schedule. He's good with other kids, and is sometimes clingy to me, but will typically get over me being gone quickly.  Overall, he's been a great kid with a big personality, and he comes by it honest.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - he is a blessing from the good Lord above and we are forever thankful for him.

No comments: