Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Six Months Old!

Happy Half Birthday Jackson!  I seriously cannot believe that just six months ago you came into this world, and my how things have changed!  We are spending this last week of the year at home together, and it's been so much fun to play with all of your new toys and read your new books.  Unfortunately, you are also very fussy because that top tooth is bothering you.  It's not poking through yet, but you can tell it's definitely making you uncomfortable.  I'm hoping you'll sleep good tonight and will feel a lot better tomorrow.

And speaking of sleep, you're still not making it 10-12 hours yet.  We'll wake you up around 10 for another bottle, and then that'll get you until 4-5 a.m. the next morning.  Over Christmas weekend you woke up every 4 hours and ate 8 ounces!  It must have been a growth spurt, so I'm expecting you to be over 16 pounds at Thursday's visit to see Dr. Wilson.  You are wearing mostly 9 month clothes, especially pants for the length.  I've had to retire all of your 6 month pants because they look like capri pants. ha!

You're still eating cereal, fruits, and veggies really good, and we're going to try some new things this week to see how you like it.  You still don't like green peas, but we laugh at the faces you make.  It's almost like you're gagging (not choking though).  I think the hardest part of this whole baby thing is figuring out schedules and feeding.  You mommy is a schedule person, and I've had to learn to go with the flow a little more.

As far as your personality, I think you're going to be a social butterfly, but only after you get warmed up.  Over Christmas you were in several new places, and you really studied everybody.  I could see the little wheels turning in your head trying to figure out who all of these people were.  But once you got going, you were all grins and smiles for everyone who talked to you (especially the pretty girls).

I also have to tell you that after much prayer, your daddy has both found a new job and graduated from college!  He has been dedicated to finish school, and it will be something that he will have forever.  When we first met, he was going back to school, so we're looking forward to Daddy being around without having to check school work.  God has also blessed him with a new job in January.  He'll be working on computers at Dillards, and I know he's ready to meet new friends and show off your cute pictures!  He couldn't have done either of these without Our Almighty Father answering the prayers of our heart.

You, My Little Man, are the best thing that has ever happened to us.  Even after a long, exhausting day, when you're in your bed asleep and dad and I are watching TV in the quiet, we say how much we love you and couldn't imagine life without you.  I am reminded of the verse that I've prayed for you:  Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  We pray that as you get bigger that God will prepare us and help guide us so that we can point you to Him.

We love you more than you'll ever know.
Mommy and Daddy






If this isn't Brent, I don't know what is. 



Go baby Go!  

No comments: