Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10/20/10

(This is a post I wrote right after I found out, but nobody else knew at the time.  Everybody knows our little secret now).

I wanted to document these feelings and experiences now, even though we're not sharing them with anyone right now.  I had a suspicion on Thursday, October 14th when my temperature rose another few tenths of a degree.  I have been taking my danged temperature almost every morning since March, and knew that if it spiked again, then that was a good sign that fertilization had happened.  My work wife Elizabeth and I went to the new Target and bought a test, and I took it when I got back to the office.  I thought "why not do it now," and sure enough, it was POSITIVE!  I was shaking and tearing up, and just couldn't believe it that our Boot Camp worked.  (if you want to know what all that included, just email me and I'll tell you.  I'll spare everyone else the details).  I told Brent that night that we had been successful, and the first thing he said was "You're Welcome"! ha!  He was cautiously excited and said that once we go to the doctor for the first time, it'll seem more real.  Although I think he knows something is going on because I go into a sleep coma about 9 p.m. every night. 

At first, Brent wanted to wait until Christmas to tell everybody, but I finally talked him into telling everybody after our first doctors appointment.  He doesn't understand that I have questions that need to be answered!  I am true planner and have already had a freak-out moment about money and daycare. I have also been cautious in my planning because I'm afraid something might happen.  But God reminded me one night that I had enough faith to get to this point, I should have enough faith to make it through the rest of it.  And what I said a few days ago still applies:  I WILL HAVE JOY no matter what happens. I was also reminded that I need to continue to pray because God wants to hear our wishes.

Stay tuned to find out how we told our parents...

3 comments:

The Bunch Fam! said...

SO...I am utterly confused? Your parents know? I guess they do NOW!!! Shall I say congratulations? I'm confused and excited for you and all of that at the same time...

The Haywoods said...

Todd - everybody knows - this was just a post I had written before they did. :) Thanks! We're very excited.

Jill said...

LOL :) So sweet. I love the idea of writing your thoughts before any one else knows. Congrats again, you are going to be such a wonderful mommy...so what is this bootcamp you speak of?? :)