We started AWANA almost two month ago, and I think we're finally getting into the groove of things. Sadly, I am without my helper Mr. Brent, but one of my besties Kristin and I are teaching another wild group of Kindergartners. We have 10 on the roll, and tonight all of them were there except for one. They are a mess, but I think they're starting to realize that I mean business. (I call myself the mean one because I'm always trying to get them to not waller all over each other and the floor and spill the water).
We have green meadows time (aka story time), book time where they say their verses that they've memorized that wee, and game time, which is usually crazy. I love hearing them say verses and how proud they are when they finish. The other thing I love about AWANA is that I get to see some of my very favorite church friends there.
P.S. For those of you who don't know, AWANA stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" and help develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus. We are Sparks, which is Kindergartner through second grade.
Here are my Frogs: Max, Katelyn, Rebekah, and Shane
Jessica, Jared, Henely, and Peyton
During game time, Mr. Mac is in charge (he has the whistle), and the kids absolutely love him. Each week we play a game, and he asks them for rules. That's what he's doing here. This game the teams hold onto a noodle and run around the circle. The first team to pass their own finish line and get the pin is the winner.
And it is chaotic! Usually someone gets knocked down, stepped on, or pulled around. But obviously they love it - please view the bottom left corner of this picture. This kid is having a blast!
And at the end of game time, Mr. Mac sits them all down and wants to hear the verses they learned during the week. Most of them want to say one, and the rest of them usually want to waller. ha!
Even though I'm tired at the end of the night, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Advancing the kingdom is so important!
No comments:
Post a Comment