Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Weekend

Last weekend was Easter, so I headed to McGehee to spend time with my family. Unfortunately, Brent did not go with me because he was sick and trying to study for a business statistics test. I've learned to pick my battles, and it was a lot easier to leave him at home than to have him come with me and make everyone else miserable. LOL! (He did make a 94 on the test, so it was worth it).

Friday night, mom fixed homemade pizza and we had a good time. Nannie came over for supper and we had a long discussion about church and other stuff. On Saturday morning, Sarah, Mom and I got up and drove to Lake Village to shop at Paul Michael's. It's this home decor store that has pretty good deals on stuff, and also a warehouse of scratch and dent stuff. If I lived closer, I would shop there more often, but it was fun to look. I did find a clock and vase for the office that was on sale. When we got back to McGehee, we stopped by Periwinkle Place and looked around. Periwinkle is the local gift shop when you walk in, everyone knows your name. If I had money, I would open a store just like it in Cabot.

That afternoon, Josh bought 10 pounds of crawfish and we had lunch in the carport. I must say this was a first for our family, but they were delicious! They needed to have a few more potatoes and corn, but the flavor was good. I probably wouldn't eat them all the time like this, but every now and then was good. The weather was so pretty that day, we all stayed outside most of the afternoon. Josh taught us how to play botchi-ball and then Sarah and I played catch with our old softball gloves. I'm proud to say that I can still catch pretty good, but throwing is a different story. Saturday night, we drove to Greenville and ate at Sherman's. Oh my word - that place is so good. The shrimp bisque is worth the drive over there that's for sure. 

Then Sunday morning was church. We all got dressed up and it was good to see our friends at FBC McGehee that morning. After church, we took pictures and had lunch with Nannie and Ma. All in all - it was a great weekend. It would have been perfect if Brent had been there with me.

Please note that my dad is wearing his OBU t-shirt and an NRA hat. Any idea on what party affiliation he is?







































No comments: