Thursday, June 11, 2009

Slacker

So I bet you guys probably think that I am lagging on my blogging...and you're right. But the reason that I haven't blogged is that we haven't been doing anything blog-worthy. School's out, Awanas is over, and our evenings are scott-free. It's really been great! I've been the library just about every week, and we've rented some movies at the Redbox. Last weekend we looked at apartments with Monkey, who is moving back to Little Rock in July (whoo hoo!), and it looks like this weekend I will be hanging out with my Sunday School girls, cleaning my house, and going to a 2-year old birthday party. I also hope to get some back-yard laying out time in as well.

These past few weeks, Brent and I have also been working on our finances. We went to a Dave Ramsey seminar last year where we learned about the debt snowball, but for whatever reason, never actually got the ball rolling. Well, we finally did that this week, and we are pretty excited about it. If our plan works out, we will have three major debts paid off by the end of the year. If his job holds through the end of the year (and we're 75% sure that it will), that will be a huge answer to prayer! But in order for this to work, we are going to start using the envelope system to pay cash for things. The debit card is just too easy to swipe and we ended up spending a lot of money on unnecessary things. So we're changing our way of thinking, and praying that God will bless our efforts to be obedient with what he's given us.

1 comment:

Kristen Black said...

go girl- I'm proud of ya'll. We didn't make it to the seminar at our church but probably could've used the info! Sounds like a fun, laid back weekend. Let's do lunch again soon...