So while the laundry is going, I thought I'd write a few things about what's been going on with us the past few weeks. It's kinda been crazy. At work, I was extremely busy during the first part of March working on launching a brand new Intranet named The Circuit. I'm very proud of the name because I came up with it, but the entire project was like running a marathon. We worked very hard to meet the deadline, and the launch party went off without a hitch. But I was worn out - completely! So the next Tuesday, I go to a meeting with my boss and the director of HR. Turns out, they had been talking, with some other people, and created a new position and offered it to me first. I was shocked and so flattered! I took it right away, and by the end of the week I was no longer a Communications Specialist, but instead was a Corporate Services Specialist in Human Resources. And I have loved every minute of the past few weeks! It's doing more PR-type stuff like helping with events and organzing different projects. It's right up my alley! I have been so busy this week, but I love that the days go by quickly. Also, a change of scenery after two years of doing the same thing is a great blessing. I really feel that God orchestrated this, and I am so thankful!
I am also thrilled that Ronnie and Linda have made it home safely from their 13 days in Israel. I talked to them yesterday when they got back to the States, and they were glad to be home but had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see their pictures/videos! This was a trip of a lifetime for them, and I'm so glad that God healed Dad so that he could go. We are very fortunate to have God smile on our family.
We've got a fun weekend coming up, so stay tuned to find out how we spent Brent's 30th birthday weekend!
OK - gotta go switch the laundramatics.
1 comment:
Congrats on the new position at work. Sounds really cool!
Post a Comment